Is your website accessible for people with disabilities?
This is the question I asked way back in 1999. I have added email, documents, social media, apps, electronic signage and audio and video to my digital accessibility work since that time.
My company’s name is Access Changes Everything. ACE is a digital accessibility consulting company located in Winnipeg, Manitoba and Halifax, Nova Scotia in Canada, but we work with clients all over North America.
Lisa Snider is the Senior Consultant, Trainer and Owner of Access Changes Everything. Lisa has completed accessibility and access related projects all over North America since 1999, and with ACE since 2016. In 2017, Lisa became the Chair of the Government of Manitoba’s Information and Communications Standard Development Committee.
The focus of ACE is digital accessibility, helping make computers/devices, social media, websites, documents, audio, video, email, mobile apps, etc. more accessible for people with different disabilities. This work also includes training and seminars on how to create accessible documents, emails, etc. in programs, such as: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, PDF, InDesign, etc. ACE provides consulting and planning on digital materials and the Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA), Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)and Nova Scotia’s Accessibility Act (AA)Standards.
The digital accessibility services include:
- In person and online accessibility training, workshops, seminars and educational materials.
- Accessibility analysis and auditing (including WCAG 2.0, Section 508 Refresh, etc.)
- In person, or remote, user testing done by people with different disabilities using different assistive technologies and automated testing.
- Information and Communication Technologies (ITC) procurement recommendations.
- Accessibility remediation and remediation planning.
- Archival access and accessibility consulting.
Go to my new Access Changes Everything website for more information about Lisa Snider, and her digital accessibility company.